I woke up his morning with the desire of making something different for breakfast. I usually eat cereals with milk or bread with butter and honey.
But today I wanted to try something else . Something light and tasty. Yesterday as I was searching on the internet for recipes I found this one in allrecipes.com .
It is a very simple recipe but I changed it a little .
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sifted all-purprose flour
- 1 pinch cinammon
- 1 vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Place a 10 inch cast iron skillet inside oven and preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with a whisk until light. Add milk and stir. Gradually whisk in flour, cinammon , vanilla and salt.
- Remove skillet from oven and reduce oven heat to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt butter in hot skillet so that inside of skillet is completely coated with butter. Pour all the butter in the skillet and return skillet to oven.
- Bake until puffed and lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Remove promptly and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
I used powdered sugar to serve it but you can apply murple syrup on it or even a marmelade if you like.
Bon appetite… 🙂 🙂 🙂
PS: My little brother was delighted with this recipe.